CYCLE TOURISM & MOUNTAIN BIKE
If you like cycling not only to keep in shape but also to enjoy the contact with an unpolluted landscape, which seems to be created expressly to receive your bicycle, the Etruscans Coast is your ideal destination.
The cycle tourism is a funny way to go on holiday, combining a sport to the discovery of the land and the itineraries of the Etruscans Coast, with their cultural and landscape beauties, guarantee fascinating bicycle rides away from traffic and pollution.
The mild climate, the poor precipitations, the very little crowded roads facilitate cycling 12 months a year.
The morphology of our region is a real gym for cycling: kilometres of flat land, relaxing hills and steep climbs allow to cover itineraries suitable for all levels, which are appreciated by cycling lovers and all kinds of legs.
For Mountain-Bike lovers the land offers adventurous routes in the scrubs, unique stunning landscapes and views. Since 1997, during the month of May, there is the GRANFONDO tour on the Etruscans Coast in Marina di Bibbona and in the surrounding countryside, a tour organized by the MTB Club of Cecina attracting many sporty people
The Hotel Marinetta has projected and realized some services specially studied for cyclists holidays
- covered and safe bicycles storage, which is equipped with hooks, entrance allowed to
hotel guests only
- little repair shop including utensils set for ordinary repairs
- space dedicated to bicycles wash
- laundry service for technical equipment
- free bicycles available for our guests
- Tasty and energetic food with menus studied for sportspeople and flexible restaurant hours
- Bike brunch, after tours afternoon snack
- Fitness & Wellness
- conventions with specialized shop for bicycles hiring, spare parts and repairs
- Excursions with a qualified cycletourist guide always available for groups
- detailed maps with routes including altimetry and length.
THE HOTEL MARINETTA AND THE PROFESSIONALS
Apart from the 2-wheels lovers, regular visitors of our area are the professional cyclists who choose it for their winter training camps.
The itineraries of the Etruscans Coast have been the first kilometres cycled by the 2 times World Olympic champion Paolo Bettini, born and grown up in La California, a village near Marina di Bibbona.
The Hotel Marinetta boasts a ten-year long experience in training camps for professional cycling teams; some of the teams that have followed winter trainings in our regions and have stayed at Hotel Marinetta are Quick Step Innergetic, Lampre,Barloworld, Mapei, Saeco, Fassa Bortolo, MercatoneUno.